*Photo Credit: Snowbasin Resort
Spring in the mountains is a bit of an anomaly. On the one hand it is a sad indicator that our favorite season of the year is almost over. On the other hand, it has its benefits like longer, warmer days, soft snow and an always fun outdoor après ski scene. Après ski is great to begin with, but there is just something special about enjoying a craft beer outdoors in the fresh mountain air as you recount the day's events with your friends. Hell, sometimes I even drink my post ski beers outside even when it's not warm.
Snowbasin to Host Free a Après Ski Party Every Weekend This Spring
If you have ever been to Snowbasin Resort you know that outdoor après ski in the spring is a specialty of theirs. With a vast patio on the backside of Earl's Lodge that offers some pretty epic mountain views Earl's Patio is one of my absolute favorite places to chill post ski day. Seriously, it's fantastic and starting this weekend, Snowbasin Resort is elevating an already fun scene with their new Basin Days.
Capitalizing on their amazing patio, a growing Utah craft beer scene and all that is great about spring skiing, Snowbasin will be hosting a free après ski party on Earl's Patio every weekend this spring. Talk about welcoming in spring skiing and riding the right way. Now through closing weekend (April 11) their new Basin Days will feature free live music and craft beer from various Utah brewers to help you make the best of the last two months of ski season.
The only thing better than a good powder day is spring skiing and with each weekend featuring a different musical artist as well as different local breweries Snowbasin Resort's Basin Days are an excellent way to spend them.
Basin Days Live Music and Craft Beer Schedule
- March 7 and 8 Roosters Brewing will be featured on Earl’s Patio. On March 7 there will be music from B.D. Howes, and on March 8 music from the Proper Way.
- March 14 and March 15 Uinta, Moab, Kiitos and Roadhouse will be pouring beer on Earl’s Patio with music from Lost in Bourbon on March 14 and Sin City Soul on March 15.
- On March 21 and 22 Wasatch, Odell Brewing Co, Shades and UTOG will be pouring beer on Earl’s Patio.The tunes include music from Muddpuddle on March 21 and Ike & Martin on March 22.
- On March 28 and 29 local breweries on Earl’s Patio include Epic, Talisman Brewing Co and Bohemian Brewery. The music will be from Nate Robinson Trio on March 28 and Wildflower Moon on March 29.
- On April 4 and 5 Melvin, Cerveza and Mother Earth will be pouring beer on Earl’s Patio and there will be music from Eric Heidman on April 4 and from The Proper Way on April 5.
Festivities conclude on closing weekend, with the annual Pond Skim on April 11, featuring skiers and snowboarders riding across a 120’ pond.