Touchdown & Taproom: Beers & Bites to Kickstart Your Utah Ski Trip
The 5 Best Salt Lake City Breweries With Food
1. Red Rock Brewing Co. (Downtown):
- Savor the Scene: Industrial-chic vibes meet mountain town warmth at Red Rock. Picture exposed brick, soaring ceilings, and a lively buzz – ideal for planning out your epic runs with fellow adventurers.
- Foodie Finds: Indulge in hearty pub fare to refuel from your long trip. The Red Rock Burger is legendary, and the Chicken Schnitzel hits the spot every time. Vegetarians won't be left out with veggie burgers and black bean bowls.
- Brew Buddy: Pair your meal with the award-winning Elephino Double IPA. Their most popular beer is filled with citrus and pine notes and the the 8% ABV will certainly help you relax after your long flight.
2. Squatters Pub Brewery (Downtown):
- Après-Ski Atmosphere: This iconic SLC brewery exudes a relaxed, local charm. Many visit to soak up the après-ski vibes. But that doesn't mean you can't sink into cozy booths after a long flight and share pre-ski stories by the crackling fireplace too.
- Fuel Up Fresh: Squatters prioritizes fresh, seasonal ingredients, crafting dishes like the Brew Pub Pho with Pork Belly and tasty Bao Bun Tacos. For the ultimate comfort food, dive into their Bacon Topped Meatloaf, oozing with Gorgonzola and creamy mashed potatoes, it's to die for.
- Beer for Every Bud: With a diverse lineup of year-round and seasonal brews, you're guaranteed to find your perfect sip. Try the Chasing Tail Golden Ale for a light refreshing beer to begin your journey and maybe even grab some for your room. It's totally quaffable and makes for an excellent après-ski beer.
3. Hopkins Brewing Company (Sugar House):
- Hidden Gem: Tucked away in the Sugar House neighborhood, Hopkins is a haven for craft beer enthusiasts. The intimate setting encourages conversation, and the friendly staff is always happy to recommend a brew.
Appetizing Appetites: Craving comfort alongside your craft brew? Hopkins Brewing Company's menu delivers. Dive into juicy, local grass-fed burgers on pretzel buns, or go veggie with the flavorful mushroom, zucchini, and cabbage tacos.
- Hop-Centric Heaven: Hopkins offers an interesting variety of styles from hoppy to malty to sour. Order up their Friendly Introduction Pale Ale. A traditional West Coast Pale Ale that's heavier on the malt backbone – your palate will be in for a treat.
4. Proper Burger (Downtown):
- Landing Pad Oasis: Step off the plane and into burger paradise at Proper Brewing's satellite burger joint. Unwind with sleek modern vibes, and soak in the downtown buzz.
- Bite-Sized Delights: Proper Burger is more than your average Hamburger restaurant. Their menu is an eclectic combination from the basic to the adventurous. Me...I'm all in on the Pork City, USA. Topped with house-made ham, bacon, fried egg, American cheese, tomato, pickled jalapeño, fries, Proper sauce, it's a filling way to kick start your journey.
- Hops for Every Passport: Whether you crave a citrusy West Coast IPA or a smooth European pilsner, Proper's diverse brew list has you covered. Try their popular Mega Yacht Rock Juice Box. It's one of my favorites to drink every time I visit.
5. Bewilder Brewing Co. (Marmalade):
- Neighborhood Hangout: This up-and-coming brewery is an unexpected delight in the Marmalade district of Salt Lake City. Reclaimed wood and soft lighting create an inviting atmosphere, while industrial accents like metal piping and pendant lamps add a touch of urban edge. It's a place to unwind after a long trip and jump-start your Utah adventure.
- Elevate Your Eats: Bewilder takes pub fare to new heights with gourmet twists and a hint of German influence. Begin your journey with the Currywurst Fries, crispy fries topped with bratwurst and drizzled with their housemade curry ketchup. Then for a spicy twist, indulge in a Jalapeno Bratwurst sandwich topped with Kolsch beer Kraut.
- Brews with Buzz: Bewilder isn't afraid to experiment, pushing the boundaries of craft beer. To continue with the European trend, give their Bewilder ESB at try. This copper-colored English Ale was voted Utah's best ale and worthy of a try.
Pre-Resort Dining in Salt Lake City
No matter which brewery you choose, you're sure to find delicious food and refreshing brews that will make your visit to Salt Lake City even more memorable. So why not make a stop at one of these top picks before you hit the slopes? And when you do, don't forget to take some brews back to your hotel! Most breweries offer their beer in cans, so pick up a few and keep the aprés-ski vibes going in your cozy room all trip long.
Travel in the Best Aprés Ski Attire
When traveling to ski in the state with the Greatest Snow on Earth, it's always important to dress the part. For me, I love to travel in my Work Sucks I'm Going Skiing Hoodie. Not only does it make for a comfortable flight but the caption says all you need to know. Looking for more aprés-ski clothing like this? Be sure to check out our full catalog of cheeky and stylish gear.
Are you a ski-loving foodie just like me? If so, then be sure to subscribe to our Après Eats Food Blog and never miss another post. We consistently review the best ski resort dining and après-ski experiences as well as provide you with tasty ski food recipes for you to try at home.