The 2019 Burton U.S. Open is almost upon us and if you have ever been, you know that this event is as much about the party as it is the event itself. Yes, the greatest snowboarders descend upon Vail Resort to prove their mettle against the world's best. However, the athletes are, in no way, the only celebrities that will be there. Over the course of that week, Vail will also be hosting some of the best musical acts in the business and this is sure to result in unrivaled festivities when the sun sets on the days of competition.
Burton Concert Series Features Four Days of Free Shows
This year, the Burton Concert Series lineup is featuring four nights of free entertainment in Vail, Colorado. That's right, four nights! And you better be ready to party because the lineup is sick. This year’s roster of live bands and DJs includes Tune-Yards, Greensky Bluegrass, Khruangbin, Turkuaz and more! The Burton Concert Series will coincide with the competition, running from Wednesday the February 27th through Saturday March 2. When the competition ends each day, take in free live performances at the Solaris concert stage and, if you are still wired from the early show, head over to the Shakedown Bar where Jack Daniels will be presenting the late-night Shakedown Sessions. There is even a closing party on the last night at the Dobson Ice Arena, that you better not miss.
Highlighting the Strong Connection Between Snowboarding and Music
There is no doubting the strong connection between music and snowboarding and the Burton Concert Series continues to build on the close tie which the Burton U·S·OPEN has celebrated throughout its 37 years. This year’s roster includes unique artists all with a huge stage presence ranging from danceable bluegrass, to global fusion, to must-see experimental acts, plus Red Bull 3Style World Champion DJs bringing explosive live sets.
Use Code "Prez" and save 10% on your entire order of $30 or more through Monday.
The Solaris Concert Stage performances on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night will follow the exciting Burton U·S·OPEN Snowboarding Championships Junior Jam, slopestyle and halfpipe finals awards presentations.
Highlights of this year’s Burton Concert Series include:
- Greensky Bluegrass formed in 2000 in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Much like Mumford & Sons and the Avett Brothers, Greensky Bluegrass are heralded for bringing bluegrass to a whole new generation.
- Tune-Yards are an eclectic, experimental band that has earned accolades from The New York Times and top billing from the Village Voice. They’ve collaborated with the likes of Yoko Ono and David Byrne, and are currently touring for their fourth album.
- Brooklyn-based Turkuaz are a nine-person band that has performed at festivals from Bonnaroo to Telluride Jazz, gracing stages from Terminal 5 to The Fillmore. The band is known for igniting an explosion of energy, deft musicality and show-stopping sing-alongs.
- Khruangbin are an American musical trio from Burton, Texas. The band is known for blending global music influences with a psychedelic twist.
- The closing party at Dobson Ice Arena on Saturday night will be a sonic punch of DJs, featuring Red Bull 3Style World Champions ESKEI83 and DJ BYTE, plus Burlington, Vermont’s own DJ CRE8.